While glass mosaics recreate exotic looks for our modern era, some of us favor a subtler approach when it comes to renovation and design. Fortunately for us, we have the option of Indonesian Pebble Mosaics, which provides some of the most attractive natural stone mosaics in the business.
AquaBlu Mosaics stocks a variety of pebble tiles that you can choose from to suit your personal tastes. Here is a sneak peek of some of our new arrivals.
What is Pebble Tile?
Our pebble tiles are manufactured in Indonesia and made from natural stone pieces that come directly from ancient river beds. They are skillfully arranged in an array of colors, sizes and shapes onto mesh backing to create ready-made pebble mosaics. They are also available in different finishes such as flat, rounded or shaved.
How Pebble Tile Benefits Your Setting
- It gives an enchanting vibe of serenity.
- It can be installed in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- High durability.
Pebble mosaics are sold by the sheet in dimensions of 12” x 12” and, with thicknesses ranging anywhere between 3/8” – 5/8”. They also come on a mesh backing, making the mosaics ready for installation upon arrival.
Pebble Tiles can be used on shower floors/walls, kitchen backsplashes, countertops, fireplaces and much more. Our wide availability provides endless creative possibilities for anyone wanting to upgrade the look of their home with a tranquil touch.
With its earthy tones and textures, pebble tiles are ideal for adorning walkways, decks, patios and even swimming pools. Its rugged material provides a durable surface that will last you for years to come. Perfect for nature lovers, stone mosaics will give you a fulfilling sense of calm in any setting you choose to use them.
Installing Pebble Tiles/Pebble Tile Mosaics
Pebble tiles are installed in a similar fashion to any type of tile: glass, porcelain or ceramic. Here are some tips to make your installation experience effective in ensuring a lifelong surface.
- You can pull stones off the mesh backing for extra tile as needed to keep the pattern consistent.
- It is recommended that you use sanded grout suited for harsh conditions.
- Pebbles should also be sealed prior to grouting.
- To enhance the look of your pebble mosaics, apply a natural stone color enhancer, or a matte sealer for a drier look. It is suggested to use these sealers after a twenty-four-hour period.
- If you are planning to pebble mosaics for your shower floor, it is recommended that your floor slightly slopes, but nothing visible to the eyes. This will assist with proper drainage.
How to Maintain Pebble Tiles
As with any type of tile, pebble tiles require their own care to ensure long-term enjoyment. Great caution should be undertaken as to the type of cleaning products used on these tiles. Scratches as well as chipping can occur if abrasive products are used. Use gentle products such as sponges and mild detergents.
Water absorption varies with natural stone, therefore staining can occur if the stone is unsealed. To prevent damages of this nature clean frequently and ensure that your stone mosaics are well sealed.
Whether you feature pebble mosaics in an indoor or outdoor environment, you are assured a lovely outcome with a sturdy finish. With the right installation techniques, you can be walking into your own spa-like space with a sense of completion.